No Huddle – The Fifth Quarter NFL Newsletter
Rob Gronkowski, tight end of the New England Patriots, approached with some humor the criticisms made by phalanx Jalen Ramsey, cornerback of Jacksonville Jaguars. “Of course, there is always a motivation when you look at it. It motivates and does not motivate, there is a catch there … that motivates you to hear it. Obviously there is something he has seen in things that I can probably improve. You do not feel the best every day when you are in the field. So that’s how he feels … I’m sure I’ll have some opportunities to face him (on Sunday). I’m just getting ready as usual. ”
– Jon Gruden, head coach of the Oakland Raiders, praised his former player Martavis Bryant, wide reciever who was waived in the final cut. “I think he’s healthy and ready. We’ve kept in touch since he left. I said that when we made the switch for him, he can make a difference. ”
– The Philadelphia Eagles have announced, through head coach Doug Pederson, that Nick Foles will remain as the starting quarterback in Week 2 against Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Watch New England Patriots NFL live stream free direct game online from here.
– James Conner, running back from the Pittsburgh Steelers, said his celebration was because of his first touchdown and not to provoke Le’Veon Bell. “(The press) made it seem like I provoked or did something like that against Le’Veon because I celebrated with the line player. I never understood that. I scored my first touchdown in the NFL without being touched, you do not always do that. ”
Dan Skuta, a former Jacksonville Jaguars player, filed a notice of opposition to the team’s attempt to register the term “Sacksonville.” Skuta claims that he created the brand name in July 2015 shortly after signing with the Florida team. He also created a logo, Instagram account and Twitter with the term.
– New York Giants safety Landon Collins wants to make the Dallas Cowboys a one-dimensional team, forcing quarterback Dak Prescott to pass the ball. “We’re really focused on stopping Zeke (Ezekiel Elliott). If we do that, we’ll put the ball in Dak’s hand and I think we have a better chance of winning.”
Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman David Irving has yet to complete three more suspension games but has finally been able to get back close to the team after being out for the entire training camp. He worked with the coaches and strength and conditioning for the first time last Tuesday. Rob Gronkowski finally responds to trash-talking from Jaguars’ Jalen Ramsey
– Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll praised running back Chris Carson. “Chris was very kind. He was really aggressive and did what he could in the plays he had … he really took the lead in the position (relative to the freshman Rashaad Penny) “.
– Patrick Mohames and Ryan Fitzpatrick are among the players of the week. To the quartrbacks they join T.J Watt, Jakeem Grant, Harrison Smith and Greg Zuerlein.